BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 22, 2009

In memory of Jessica Ashley Canfield ♥

November 6, 2007 my cousin Jessica died. We had grown up together. She was a major part of my earliest memories. She died in a car accident at the age of 16. Her, her friend, and her 11 year old sister were skipping school. It was raining that morning and my cousin was speeding. She over turned and then over corrected and hit a tractor trailor head on. She was driving so fast that the man driving the truck popped out a few disks in his back. My cousin died on impact of a broken neck. . .she had no scratches on her otherwise. Her friend suffered only a broken leg, and my other little cousin was nearly cut in half by the seat belt, she is now paralyzed from the waste down. That was only the second worst day of my life. The first was the funeral. There were so many people there, and when I finally got to her casket I couldn't look at her. I was shaking and crying so hard, I just couldn't. So I didn't say good bye. I kept telling myself I would go up again and say good bye, and right as I was about to they closed the casket. I watched my cousin, who was more like my sister, being closed up in a little box and lowered into the ground. That was the worst day of my life. I will never forget that when I say her mother she hugged me and told me that SHE wished that SHE could take all of MY pain away. . .to this day that still baffles me. My cousin was smart, beautiful, and talented. Everyone that knew her, loved her. Especially me. I lost my sister, my bestfriend, and my cousin. A few weeks after the accident her grandmother sent me her school picture from that year that Jessie had intended to give me, and it was in the car that she had her accident in. On the back it said that she loved me and that I would always be her sister. To me, it was like she was talking to me from the dead. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and remember her. I've gotten through all of that, but it wasn't easy. R.I.P Jessie. I made a youtube video about her if you want to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bftqSdfne94  I miss my cousin very much, we were raised together.  She really was more like my sister, when we were little we used to say that we were adopted from royalty and we were sisters.  When we were little we did the blood sister ceremony thing where u both cut yourself on ur hand and mix your blood together, we thought it was cool at the time but I look back and realize how silly we were, we had already shared blood because we are related.  Her death has brought some good however, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and it has made me a stronger and more mature individual.  So this one is for her! I love you Jessie.

No comments: