BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Journey To Me: My Body

Mood: Energized
Weather: Probably cold

Something that is very hard to talk about is my body.  I am very self conscious about my appearance to others and a lot of the time I don't feel beautiful because I don't like my body.  I have struggled with my weight all my life and honestly now I think that I felt embarrassed to be dieting and exercising. . .like it meant acknowledging I have a "problem."  But I guess I do.  Not to mention I have asthma so when I did finally decide to run, I couldn't breath after about 5 minutes, which embarrassed me even more.  I didn't make any new years resolutions really, just to make this the best year yet and to have a year worth living.  I've decided I don't want to do it in this body anymore.  So I've decided to start a diet and an exercise program, which are two of my least favorite words!  This morning I got up at 8 (On a Saturday!!!) and found a cardio video on netflix.  Its some Crunch: CardioSalsa video or something like that.  I started out with 10 crunches (wow its been a while) and then did 15 minutes of the video, which was basically me repeating the first 5 minutes 3 times because by that time I could no longer keep up with the synchronized steps.  Jesus, if you thought Latino's talked fast, you should see them salsa O.O  I think I'm going to try to do this every other day for a while and eventually do more and more time.  My goal is to drop 2 pants sizes, and once I do that I will buy myself a gym membership.  I don't want to buy the membership and never go again so this is sort of a way for me to prove to myself I'm serious.  Please wish me luck and I can use all the encouragement, prayers, and luck I can get!  

1 comment:

Lauri dahlin said...

When I started to reinvent my body i did 8 crunches. It was sad and pathetic. But added one every day or two and before I knew it i was doing 300. It takes a commitment to yourself and no one else. And the important thing is that it is ok for it to be slow. It took me around two years to drop 80 lbs and 5 sizes. But a year after that I am still here and have never gained any back. That's the best thing to me. You CAN do it!!!!!! And I will help any way that I can!!!!