BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 4, 2010

End of Senior Year

As of wednesday I am officially done with my senior year and highschool in general.  This whole time I have been counting down the days and now that its here. . .I want to cry.  A couple of weeks ago we got our yearbooks and I wished all of my friends the best of luck and more or less left them a goodbye note.  I teared up while writing a few of them.  I don't think any of the messages I left were less than about half a page, Gabby got a page and a half lol.  Its sad.  Graduation always seemed to be like this mythical thing that would never come to be. . .but here it is looking us in the face.  I'm here looking back and I'm in disbelief.  Signing yearbooks was hard and I plan to dedicate posts to a few of my friends here.  Then yesterday I went to my sisters choir concert, but there were a few other groups performing as well such as the 6th grade orchestra.  They played two of the same songs I played when I was in middle school and that made me cry because it seems like yesterday I was in the 6th grade orchestra playing Canon and Ode to Joy.  Tuesday is my last highschool orchestra concert and I know I won't make it all the way through without crying.  Mr. Milman has been teaching me since I was in the 5th grade and we've made it so far. . .and now its all coming to an end.  Tomorrow is my senior prom and I'm sure there will be some tears shed then as I spend one of the last days at a school event with all my friends.  We are all going in different directions and starting our own lives on different paths.  I tear up when I think about it. . .not all bad tears although I'm sad its coming to an end, but I just can't believe it and I am so happy for everyone.  We've spent so many years together with our back packs on our backs and lunches in our hands. . .the days where we had one teacher a day to now where most of us cut more classes than we go to. . .and now its all ending and I'm not going to see these people on a daily basis.  We've anticipated this day since the first day of kindergarden and now its here and its like being struck by lightening.  Its hard to imagine anything different than what our life has been for the last 17-18 years.  But I wish the entire class of 2010 the best.  See you at prom tomorrow and graduation on the 25th. 

No comments: