BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

If Nothing Else. . .Always Be True To Yourself

If you looked at yourself right now, what would you see?  Look passed the make up, the hairspray, the fake smiles or frowns.  Look past your skin, your lips, your clothes.  Look deep into your own eyes.  What do you see?  Look into your eyes all the way into your heart, your mind. . .your soul.  Look into who you are. . .what you are.  What do you see?  Is the person on the inside, the same as the outside?  Is that a good thing?  Or are you pretending to be someone your not?  and is that a good thing?  Are you happy with what you see?  Happy with how you act?  Happy with your friends, your family?  How you treat your friends in family?  What you do in your spare time??  Are you happy on the inside as well as the outside?  Go ahead, take a look in the mirror.  Or are you afraid?  Do you already know that you won't be happy with what you see?  Or are you scared of what you might see?  Sometimes I have to do this. . .just take a step back and look at myself.  Listen to my own thoughts.  Reason with my emotions.  Sometimes I'm not happy with myself inside and out. . .but other times I am even if other people aren't happy with me.  Sometimes I have to ask myself, how do I really feel about something because I get irrational.  Is that a bad thing?  My grandmother told me, while she was in the hospital and we weren't sure if she was going to make it or not, to always be true to yourself. . .that if nothing else to always be true to yourself.  The next day I broke up with Tim because of how he was acting and playing games.  If you're always true to yourself, if you're always acting as yourself, and if you're always happy with yourself inside and out. . .I think you will be a happy person.  Am I wrong?  Right now I'm pretty happy with myself.  I'm far from perfect and I'm positive there are 100 things I could improve on. . .but I'm happy.  What about you?  Are you happy?

No comments: